This is where the ACTEA Committee reports on activities its members have undertaken on behalf of Affiliates.
- On-site meeting with Evoenergy rep to inspect new equestrian access around electricity substation on Coulter Drive
- Check on spillway remediation on new National Trail route in Stromlo Forest Park by BNT Co-ordinator
- Inspection of drainage problems on National Trail route above Taylor with Icon Water
- Meeting with Ginninderry development about future plans re Belconnen Pony Club and Parkwood Paddocks
- Meeting with Denman Prospect developers re proposed equestrian trail link from Molonglo River to West Stromlo horse trails
- Discussions with Rural Services, Territory Agistment and LDK about the RFS requirement that they take out a lease on a 10m buffer to the west of their leasehold e.g. Yarralumla Paddocks
- Correspondence with Ginninderry regarding their progress on undertakings about alternative horse paddocks in Belconnen
- Conversations with ACT Forests about their Kowan Forest harvesting plan and it impact on the equestrian access from Hibernian Road
- Representations to ACT Forests in regard to proliferating of unsafe single tracks in the pine forest west of the Arboretum
- Representations to senior parks staff re problems with the design of the William Hovell underpass
- Representations to TCCS about tenders advertised for design work at Duntroon Paddocks
- Discussions with SMEC re their design of an Active Travel Plan for the Molonglo Valley
- Discussions with TCCS about using their equestrian trails map to update the government’s Active Travel Infrastructure map.
- Representations to the Suburban Land Agency re problems with the National Trail route above Taylor.
- Representations to Canberra Town Planning consultants re inaccuracy of National Trail map accompanying their consultation on the ne veterinary hospital in Holder
- Conversation with Evoenergy about underground cabling works between Illoura Paddocks and Lyons shops.
- Ongoing and painfully slow interaction with S&R re the Equestrian Park licence
- Letter to Minister Chris Steel in regard to the government’s Draft Active Travel Plans
- Submission in regard to the National Trail underpass and the Karma underpass on William Hovell Drive
- Submission in regard to the EPBC Act referral for the RSPCA site at Duntroon Horse Paddocks
- Submission re the plans for the Gungahlin Tennis Facility at Amaroo
- Submission in regard to the government’s Draft Active Travel Plan
- Request to local riders for suggestions for extra trails in Canberra Nature Parks
- Input into Active Travel submission by a group of travel engineering professionals